ENJOY THIS EPISODE:
Frederick County native, Evan Routzahn is an advocate for Down Syndrome. When he found one of his twins Avery had Down Syndrome, he swiftly joined F.R.I.E.N.D.S or Family Resource,
Information & Education Network for Down Syndrome. When Evan and his family first joined, they instantly felt at home. Jumping straight into activities, they began the buddy walk, being the top fundraisers for the event. Evan soon became the buddy walk coordinator, and finds resources in the community to fundraise and further the impact of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
More From F.R.I.E.N.D.S.:
F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group of parents re-formed in 1999 in Frederick County, Maryland to:
- Be a support and resource group for expectant parents, new parents and extended families of babies born with Down Syndrome;
- Provide age-appropriate activities for our children and their friends;
- Advocate for community awareness and acceptance;
- Have quarterly meetings with professional speakers experienced in issues relative to Down Syndrome;
- Meet informally to share the joys and challenges of parenting.
* Monthly meetings are held on the second Friday of every month at 6:30pm at the Middletown United Methodist Church (MUMC) off Alt. 40 going west out of Frederick. For a map click here. Please come and join us.
LINKS AND RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE
REVIEWS HELP A TON
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for Frederick Advice Givers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them