ENJOY THIS EPISODE:
From lobbying to think tanking to becoming a managing partner of Knob Hall Winery, Dick Seibert has done it all. The Vineyard has been in his family for 200 years, and Dick jumped on the opportunity. Vineyards take time. It takes about 3 years for a grape vine to just bear fruit! The fermentation process comes after, creating the delicious wine Knob Hall has to offer. Knob Hall produces about 16 wines, all from the grapes they grow themselves!
What sets them apart from the others is that Knob Hall also grows French hybrid grapes due to their alkaline soil and perfect climate. Knob Hall is a fun place to experience everything wine has to offer. With live bands on Fridays and award winning wine, visit the winery and be part of the experience!
More From Knob Hall Winery:
It only took 200 years to plant a vineyard at Knob Hall. Approximately 30 acres of vines have been planted along the gentle slopes of limestone-rich soil. The planted varietals have been carefully chosen to reflect the “terroir” of this land and include Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chambourcin, Malbec, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Albarino, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Traminette, Vidal Blanc and Viognier.
Our winery production building, a new structure, will be state-of-the-art and feature a gravity-fed system which will capture the essence of high quality grapes from our vineyards and under watchful eyes turn it into premium quality wine.
Knob Hall is an estate winery, producing high quality wines from grapes harvested from our vineyards, maintaining a tradition of sustainable agriculture.
Wine tastings and tours are only a part of the experience at Knob Hall. Come be a part of the history of this estate:
- Enjoy a picnic under a 300 year-old white oak while listening to local musicians
- Enjoy music by popular groups during our summer concerts
- Party at our “Winestock” festival while raising money for breast cancer awareness and research
- “Adopt” grape vines and/or barrels
- Learn to prune grape vines
- Pour wines at our festivals and events
- Enjoy a massage while relaxing with great wines
- Stomp grapes at harvest
- Have fun participating in our many wine clubs
- Pick grapes during harvest
- Relax and connect with nature while enjoying wine
- Have your wedding, family reunions and other events on the property
- Knob Hall is a winery for generations: past, present and future. Come be a part of the experience!
-See more at: iTunes
LINKS AND RESOURCES FROM THIS EPISODE:
REVIEWS HELP A TON
Thanks for joining me again this week. If you have any tips, suggestions, or comments about this episode, please be sure to leave them in the comment section below.
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post. Thank you!
And finally, please leave an honest review for Frederick Advice Givers Podcast on iTunes! Ratings and reviews are extremely helpful and greatly appreciated! They do matter in the rankings of the show and I read each and every one of them.